Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen flashes, taskbar goes to the top, unable to click on anything...  (Read 2687 times)

baseballst4r

Topic Starter

Rookie

Everytime I leave my computer and do not use it for a few hours, I come back to see that the taskbar which is normally on the bottom is up at the top, and the windows that are opened on the screen are flashing.  When this happens CTRL ALT Delete won't work, and the mouse won't click on anything.  I then have to restart my computer by holding the power button.  Once rebooted it works normal, but then when i leave it again for a few hours it happens again. It's been going on for about a month or more. Anyone know what is causing this to happen? 

happybunny

Re: Screen flashes, taskbar goes to the top, unable to click on anything...
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »
    ummmmmmmmm, does anyone else use your computer besides you? there are ways to arrange the taskbar so, that it is at either side of the screen, or the top, or the bottom. (click anywhere in it, and drag it to where you want it next, just like you would do with a window).

but this, is unlike anything I have ever heard before. I really dont know how to explain the windows flashing, except maybe something has happened in the window, and you had it minimized? what kind of programs were you running, that their windows flashed?

but some advice for the future: NEVER, EVER, turn your pc off, by holding down the power button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this shuts down, without saving data, and is known to be a cause of computers working improperly. did you start shutting down in this way, a month or more ago?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
    How is your scan for viruses, spywares, and other nasties? Everything up to date?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »
    What are your power management settings ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "