Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blocking me from my own computer...  (Read 3859 times)

bela

Blocking me from my own computer...
« on: October 10, 2007, 07:09:15 PM »
So I'm guessing I have a virus, trojan, whatever. Anyways, when i noticed some programs were being installed with out me installing them, I thought I'd do a system restore, but when I try to go to control panel, it says you've been blocked from this area. It's hard to understand since I'm the only person on this computer, meaning I'm the administrator with all control. So then I decided to do a virus scan, and I left it be for a while. When I came back, the scan was stopped at scanning 205 files so I though it was just slow; 10 minutes later, it's still there. So I decided I'd go to the website of that company, and it says the page won't load. All of the other websites I tried were, but not that. So I tried going to another virus scan website, Norton, and it wasn't loading either. So obviously something is up. The system is blocking me from myself, and I can't go on some sites when they're not blocked and are working on other computers. Is there a way I can overrun this problem by getting to system restore? Or atleast solving this at all? Thanks in advance...  by the way, I have windows XP and started just out of random when my home page was changed, but I can't remember the last time I was on the web.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Blocking me from my own computer...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 12:04:01 AM »
Did you access this site from the very same computer, or you have another one?
It smells like reinstalling Windows, but...first, answer my first question, please.

jimyan

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 12:10:20 AM »
    Try rebooting in safe mode. From there, try restoring. If that will not work, try disabling all startup items in msconfig(I assume you knew how to execute msconfig).

litespeed14

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:49:20 AM »
      Can you answer Broni question, I think I know where he is going...Thats what I would ask also?