Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video stalls my browser permanently  (Read 8173 times)

Beedub245

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Video stalls my browser permanently
    « Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
    I can't turn them on.  When I try it says that "windows updates have been disabled by the administrator" but I am the administrator.  This is part of the problem I was fixing when I messed up my video. I would get this message as well as other messages that said that "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions..." and "registry editor has been disabled by the administrator" I used regcure and solved the last two, but the windows updates are still disabled.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 11:49:18 AM »
    You say, that now, you DO have an access to "regedit".
    If so, go there, and check these settings:

1.   Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.

2.   Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER, expand Software, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, expand CurrentVersion, and then expand Policies.

3.   If the Windows Update key exists, click Windows Update.

4.   In the right pane, if the DisableWindowsUpdateAccess DWORD value exists, right-click DisableWindowsUpdateAccess, and then click Delete.

5.   Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER, expand Software, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, expand CurrentVersion, and then expand Policies.

6.   If the Explorer key exists, click Explorer.

7.   In the right pane, if a DisableWindowsUpdateAccess DWORD exists, right-click DisableWindowsUpdateAccess, and then click Delete.

8.   In the right pane, if a NoWindowsUpdate DWORD value exists, right-click NoWindowsUpdate, and then click Delete.

9.   Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, expand Software, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, expand CurrentVersion, and then expand Policies.

10.   If the Explorer key exists, click Explorer.

11.   In the right pane, if a DisableWindowsUpdateAccess DWORD exists, right-click DisableWindowsUpdateAccess, and then click Delete.

12.   In the right pane, if a NoWindowsUpdate DWORD value exists, right-click NoWindowsUpdate, and then click Delete.

13.   Close Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

Beedub245

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »
      when I try to turn them on it says "windows updates have been disabled by the administrator". I am the administarator and I have never disabled them.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »
      You may have some malware on your computer, then.
      I'd like to take a look at your HijackThis log. Get it here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html, and post its log at "Computer Viruses and Spyware".

Beedub245

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 02:35:24 PM »
        I posted my log over there it seems long I hope I didn't post a bunch of useless info.  I was able to go to install updates by going to the website and doing it myself.  I still can not turn on the updates, but this felt good as I could not do that just a day ago.  Making headway here. Thank You.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 03:20:45 PM »
        Your HJT log analysis is ready.

I still can not turn on the updates
        You have some bad guys on your computer, and they locked your registry.