Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: msi P35  (Read 2508 times)

MarcPhuket

msi P35
« on: October 21, 2007, 05:39:05 AM »
I have just built a new system & am having problems with the bios set up. I get all sorts of beep & LED sequences & now & then windows resets the graphics card settings. I have tweaked various settings to get it to run stable & have read tons of info on web sites & forums but still havent found help in simple terms. I have MSI p35 Platinum mobo with intel core2 E6850. 4 gb patriot pc2-6400. 800mhz, (5-5-5-12)2v, silencer 750w Quad crossfire power supply & an ATI saphire HD 2900XT card. I am running windows XP pro sp2.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: msi P35
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 07:19:23 AM »
With that board, that CPU and 4G of RAM what need would there be for tweaking ? ?
Once changes are made to the BIOS without being in front of the machine it's literally impossible to determine what the issue may be...
I would remove the CMOS battery with the power unplugged for 5 minutes to set the BIOS back to it's factory defaults and go from there...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

MarcPhuket

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »
It wont run on default settings at all. According to guy at aria.co.uk where I got the kit I have to set manualy but he didnt know enough about it.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 08:26:54 AM »
It wont run on default settings at all. According to guy at aria.co.uk where I got the kit I have to set manualy but he didnt know enough about it.

Something missing here.Why doesn't it work on default settings?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 08:28:39 AM »
I just finished a build with that MBoard and a 6600 CPU...i'll be very interested in the answer...

MarcPhuket

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 09:03:25 AM »
Dont know why it wont boot. When it hapens the pc shuts down about 4 times then comes up with screen saying attempt at overclocking failed set bios. Ive read that memory voltage has to be set & muliplier & ram speed need setting but I dont know how work out the settings & some of the tweaks I make reyurns it to not booting.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 01:40:13 PM »
With that board, that CPU and 4G of RAM what need would there be for tweaking ? ?
Once changes are made to the BIOS without being in front of the machine it's literally impossible to determine what the issue may be...
I would remove the CMOS battery with the power unplugged for 5 minutes to set the BIOS back to it's factory defaults and go from there...

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »

This is most likely a BIOS problem.You may need to contact MSI and see
if they have a solution. Did you remove the CMOS battery for a while as suggested by patio ?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:31:07 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.