Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MP3's  (Read 14504 times)

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: MP3's
    « Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 03:15:53 PM »
    My logic is... if I couldn't get it for free, I probably wouldn't get it anyway, so by downloading it the company isn't actually missing out on my money, is it?

Besides, I believe we should get rid of money altogether and try something other than capitalism for a change...
    « Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 03:16:11 PM by Neil »

Joleen

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2004, 06:20:56 AM »
    Hmm having read your posts (in this thread) I do NOT notice that you mention to computers.

Neil

Expert
      « Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 01:57:41 AM »
      ??? me?

Joleen

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »
      Nope.. flame from last post page 1.

You notice I said to computers right......

Flame

Corrosive

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 12:40:34 PM »
      My logic is... if I couldn't get it for free, I probably wouldn't get it anyway, so by downloading it the company isn't actually missing out on my money, is it?

Applying the same logic, you could say that I could walk into a shop, take a copy of Half Life 2 off the shelf and walk out without paying. It's okay because hey, the company isn't missing out on my money...

The point is that it does actually cost money to put these things together. Is it not right that the company in question should get paid for what they have created?

And don't even try the "but it doesn't cost all that much to make a CD, so why do they charge so much?" routine with me because it's ain't gonna work, sonny. You would be very surprised how the money is actually dirstributed...

Neil

Expert
        « Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 05:36:26 PM »
        Well... um... I don't do it much anyway. Most of the things I download have been old games for things such as the Amiga. It's not like anyone's going to pay money for it (or even be able to buy it if they wanted to).

Joleen

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 08:08:50 AM »
        Well since we've gotten into a bit of a debate, here's my $0.02.  I'll buy something if it's good (and I mean really good) so my downloading, which I do alot, is a form of protest to inform those who make decisions that they shouldn't bother putting out crap.  This is especially true for movies.  It's gotta be a really good movie for me to pay for it.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 08:17:19 AM »
        Well, It's true. Think about it people.

Message to Joleen: Spyware is not necessarily dangerous to people.... It's more dangerous to computers, which is what I meant earlier....  

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Joleen

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 06:44:26 AM »
        Spyware is definately dangerous to people (moreso than to computers) as often is is the personal information the culprit is after.  However, I'm just busting your balls a bit now that Raptor has left me.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #24 on: December 21, 2004, 07:49:55 AM »
        My compliments to your ball busting then. lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Neil

Expert
          « Reply #25 on: December 21, 2004, 10:21:38 AM »
          I don't like this debate because I keep losing.

Drake999

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2004, 07:29:08 AM »
          hey try www.limewire.com it is a free mp3 software if you get the basic one but yes it's illigal to download but I got a software program that I use so when I'm downloading music I can't get detected anyway limewire I used to have for windows 98 but now I just got linux more complicated now but if you use limewire becarful and yes limewire is for linux...

Sean

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2004, 10:19:43 PM »
          anything that connects to gnutella is good, limewire bearshare, morpheus, all the same network, all the same files, just depends on which you want to download.

compguy4hire

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2005, 10:40:59 AM »
          Limewire is better than Kazza. You can get the spyware free version also....fast downloading...faster than kazza!

Joleen

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »
          Anything is better than Kazaa.  Kazaa has more viruses than a Chinese chicken coop.