Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recovery of Windows ME  (Read 2546 times)

RHB

Recovery of Windows ME
« on: December 13, 2004, 07:05:10 PM »
When I try to use Windows ME recovery disk to recover the software only (not reform and recover)...part of the screen has a blue patch that covers the place I need to click to chose language, accept license, etc.  I have a HP computer.  Can someone  help me figure out how to remove the blue patch covering these important words?  

ArabGuy

Re: Recovery of Windows ME
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 11:37:08 PM »
k correct me if im wrong ....i think i understand what ur saying, Ur trying to install software from winme recovery CD From Windows and u get a blue patch on the part where u have to click to move on?
if that is correct, is the blue patch generating from the monitor or from the software itself? u can try to move the software window around (if u can) or u can change the resolution..im not really sure im just giving u ideas..play around with ur display settings. thats all i can think of for now :)

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 02:40:14 AM »
you say i dont what to recover/reform the o/s<re-install it>if you did manage to click the eula you will re-install the system??   if you have a problem......are you in windows or msdos......

Mac

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 04:30:55 AM »
From the OEM

Reinstalling the Operating System on Hewlett-Packard Pavillion Computers.

On some Pavilion computers, registration options may be hidden after a recovery has been performed. The registration screen should appear normally, however the lower options on the agreement form cannot be seen because they are below the screen.

To resolve the issue, use the following steps to continue past this screen and to accept the Windows Millennium licensing agreement:

1. Press and hold the ALT key then press the A key.
2. Press and hold the ALT key then press the C key.
3. Press Enter.

I have no idea if that will deal with the Blue-Patch issue you are facing but it seems to be worth a try.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 04:32:50 AM by Mac »