Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sample  (Read 2924 times)

SimonA

Topic Starter

Rookie

Sample
    « on: November 20, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
    Each time I am turning off my computer, a window is open telling me that a program is not responding. This program is called Sample. The computer will not turn off untill I click on 'END NOW' button.

What can it be? and What can I do to find out?

The reason I mostly want to know because I am suspecting in it that it is giving me problems to install a certain probem.

Thanks people  ;)

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Sample
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:52:58 AM »
    Wouldn't happen to be a Dell would it?

I've heard of this before, and it always seems to be a Dell computer that is having the problem. Anyhow, here's a thread on Dellcommunity.com which addresses it, might be a good place to start.

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=latit_general&message.id=34147

SimonA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
      Thankx Quaxo.

No its not a Dell, its a Toshiba Laptop. I formatted it because i wanted to upgrade to XP Pro, and from then onwards this problem started....

I ll have a look at this.

Tnks again.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »
      Sure thing, let us know if that helps or not. If not, we'll dig a bit deeper and see if we can't get that fixed.

SimonA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 03:52:03 AM »
        I found out that that problem was caused by a process ZCfgSvc.exe. I ended this process and the error didn t occur. Also when the process was not running, i could install the program i wanted.
        The problem i have now is that i cannot delete the process, i.e. prevent it from running from start up.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Quaxo ;)

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 05:11:23 AM »
        Try this:

Go to Start --> Run and type 'msconfig'

A window will pop up. Click the 'Startup' tab and untick the program in the list'

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 06:19:46 AM »
        Zero Config MFC Application, part of Intel's ProSET utilities and installed by the drivers for many of Intel wireless network cards - essential to the proper functioning of many of the Intel ProSET utilities (but not all) and these System Tray ProSET utilities are a must if you are using your wireless connection, if only so you know when the signal is fading or dropping. The problem is that, in some PCs, ZCFGSVC can be incredibly badly behaved : taking up to 100% of CPU time and therefore resulting in an extremely slow PC, preventing the installation of software or Windows updates, or causing "Not Responding" or "End this Program" shutdown problems. If you experience this, try first the very latest drivers from Intel or your laptop manufacturer. If that still does not solve the problem and you have WinXP/2003, try setting the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service to disabled.