Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen Resolution Issues  (Read 2757 times)

3yearsamom

Screen Resolution Issues
« on: November 21, 2007, 11:37:49 AM »
I have had two different computers, but the same monitor. The first computer had major issues and died on me, the new one, that I have now, is fine, by my screen resolution is messed up again! I resized everything to view Yahoo's new email settings, when I changed it back, My screen's resolution was changed, and there are no other options.

In the beginning, I had every option for color and size, now I only have 16 colors and a screen resolution of 600 by 800.

There is one other option, but it just makes everything even bigger. What can I do to get the other options back? I have Windows 2000 Professional with NT technology, originally, I had Windows 98, but as I said, the computer does not appear to be the issue.

Should I get another monitor?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Screen Resolution Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »
First try re-installing your video drivers.
Is this an add on card or onboard video ? ?

We thrive on details here...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

HollywdTM

Re: Screen Resolution Issues
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 06:24:31 AM »
Like Patio said try that if not please tell us the video card you have or is it an onboard graphics card.

to find out what try this below

Start,Control Panel,System,Properties,then hardware,device manager, display below it should tell you the card's  name