Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get on Internet  (Read 3881 times)

chunkyk

Can't get on Internet
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:23:05 AM »
I have a Gateway laptop running XP service pack 2 with a built in wireless card. Just recently, I cannot get on the internet.  Everything says that my wireless connection is active, but when I open my browser(s) (Fireox, IE) , it says that the internet is unavailable.  I have another similar Gateway and I am not having any trouble with it. Any ideas?  ???

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can't get on Internet
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 10:41:22 AM »
Welcome aboard  ;D
Did you try to hard-wire it?

Heathen

Rookie

• Reality leaves alot to the imagination-JohnLennon
    Re: Can't get on Internet
    « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »
    I'm far from an expert, but this was the problem when we had visitors who couldn't use our internet connection.  Did you check to see if Wireless Zero Configuration is running?  Start menu ---> Run.  Type "services.msc" -without quotes.  If there is no "started" under status, then either start it by clicking on the "start" link to the right of the services list (if Wireless Zero is set to manual), or right-click on the Wireless Zero Configuration listing, and chick on "properties".  There you will see "startup type".  Change it to either automatic or manual, click on "apply".  Then click where it says "start the service."  Hopefully this works.  Good Luck!

I have a Gateway laptop running XP service pack 2 with a built in wireless card. Just recently, I cannot get on the internet.  Everything says that my wireless connection is active, but when I open my browser(s) (Fireox, IE) , it says that the internet is unavailable.  I have another similar Gateway and I am not having any trouble with it. Any ideas?  ???
    One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.  ~Alexander Jodorowsky