Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mcafee Virus scan  (Read 4298 times)

srtony1946

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Mcafee Virus scan
    « on: November 25, 2007, 07:13:31 AM »
    I have Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 Installed on my computer. When I first start up my computer for the first time during a day I have to manually enable on access scan.Sometimes, It shows It being on, most of the time It appears off. I have tried settings but no luck, Any Ideas?.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mcafee Virus scan
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »
    http://www.tcd.ie/iss/security/virusscan_8.php

To configure a customised scan:

1. Click Start, Programs, Network Associates, VirusScan Console.
       2. Click on Task and ‘New On Demand Scan Task’
       3. The new task appears in the task list where you are prompted to give it a name. Type in a descriptive name and hit return or double click on the new task to configure it
       4. On the ‘Where’ tab highlight the ‘All Local Drives’ item and click on the edit button
       5. From the drop down ‘item to scan’ list choose ‘Drive or Folder’ and browse to the location you wish to scan. It will appear in the location field. Click OK
       6. On the ‘Where’ tab under scan options ensure that ‘Include Subfolders’ is ticked
       7. On the ‘Detection’ tab ensure that ‘All Files’ and ‘Scan inside archives (for example Zips) are selected
       8. If you wish to schedule the task click on the ‘Schedule’ button
       9. On the Task tab tick the ‘Enable’ button
      10. On the Schedule tab configure the schedule as required
      11. Click on apply, ok and ok
      12. To run the scan right-click on it in the VirusScan console window and click on start