Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Advent 9115 Ralink Wireless Lan Card not Exist  (Read 12027 times)

cag28

Advent 9115 Ralink Wireless Lan Card not Exist
« on: December 08, 2007, 10:01:34 AM »
Hi I saw a post on the 3 November with the same problem and would like to know how your member solved it. I am setting a laptop up for a friend and am unfamiliar with Vista so I cannot find where to tick the TCP/IP box or where to download the drivers from Ralink.  am going away on Monday so there is some urgency to my request - please.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Advent 9115 Ralink Wireless Lan Card not Exist
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
Advent 9115 Ralink Wireless Lan Card not Exist
What exactly do you mean? It doesn't show up in Device Manager? Is it a new card? Any manual?
We need more info.

cag28

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 03:01:18 PM »
The Laptop is 'Wireless Enabled' but when hovering over the icon on the right bottom for the wireless it says Ralink Wireless Lan Card not exist. I tried to connect wirelessly and it says it is not i think configured. I am not familiar with Vista but use my own laptop wirelessly so am familiar with a wireless connection. In XP all I do is start /connect to /show all connections and then I can right click on my wireless connection and do properties BUT I do not have that option in VISTA. I do find Windows new VISTA software frustrating as this is the second laptop I have set up and struggled. It this is the way Windows is going then I will be staying with XP. Thanks anyway.

cag28

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »
and sorry no it does not show up in device manager it is a new laptop

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »
Is your card turned on?
Most laptops have a switch that allows you to easily turn your wireless card off and on. This switch can be on the side or front of the laptop or could be a key combination on the keyboard (for example, Fn + F2 on many Dell laptops).

cag28

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »
That's my problem I do not know how to turn it on. It is an Advent and there are no obvious switches but I am sure I am missing something. Can I turn it on in VISTA?

cag28

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 04:58:43 PM »
Tried the Fn F2 no joy and the Fn F4 I saw on another Forum and so I tried all of the combinations and hey presto my wireless is switched on BUT i do not know which combination switched it on! Anyway thanks for your help you got me in the right direction and solved my problem

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »
What brand, and model of your laptop?

cag28

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »
It is an Advent 9115 and it was the Fn F9 key that turned the wireless on and now I need to work out how to keep it on.