Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS primary video adapter change gone wrong  (Read 2903 times)

imoody16

BIOS primary video adapter change gone wrong
« on: December 21, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
I was trying to tweak my video card (a radeon 9200) to play battlefield 2, and I entered the BIOS, and switched the Primary Video Adapter from PCI to AGP/Onboard, which I assume is the motherboard's graphics card. 
when I rebooted, my desktop came up, but slowly, the mouse was gone, and although I could see my basic startup progras running, I could not do anything.   
when I rebooted again, to re-enter the BIOS and change back, I only got a blank screen when I hit F1.  my hard drive spins, and the screen stays black.  I'm a little terrified that without the screen, I can't change my settings back, and am therefore incredibly screwed. 

any advice?  could I, without the use of the screen, and once I'm in BIOS, hit right arrow to get to the Advanced page, then down arrow the right number of times (how could I find this out) and then hit the switch key, and then F10 to save, and hope that it all went well??

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: BIOS primary video adapter change gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:48:12 AM »
Have you tried resetting the BIOS to defaults ? You can do this
by removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes then re-
insert it.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.