Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can i get help setting up a Belkin ADSL modem/router here??  (Read 3425 times)

SimpleMatt

Can i get help setting up a Belkin ADSL modem/router here??
« on: December 22, 2007, 05:44:43 PM »
I dont get it?
How can i open 192.168.2.1 in my browser if not connected to net while trying to install router?
I am quite new to this.
Running XP on PC. Need to set up Belkin ADSL F5D7632-4 so can go wireless with laptop.
I dont understand IP address's much so looking for someone patient to walk me through this from the begginning.
We use external modem currently from Orange but beleive this can be ditched, its a USB modem so have not been using ethernet cables.
Does anything make sense to you cos it does not to me.
Please help, getting real frustrated now.  :-\

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Can i get help setting up a Belkin ADSL modem/router here??
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »
    192.168.2.1 is the IP for the router. When you try to connect to the IP with your browser, your computer will send a request to the router. The router will recognize that your computer is trying to connect to it and will redirect you to its setup page.

The router should come with documentation on how to set it up. But I'll be happy to answer any questions you have, if I can. :)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

JoeMama

Beginner

• I'm a geek
      Re: Can i get help setting up a Belkin ADSL modem/router here??
      « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 06:07:43 PM »
      Make sure you have all the cabling hooked up from your computer to your router before you try that.  When it asks for a password just leave it blank, there is no password by default.