Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing NTLDR File  (Read 2669 times)

aldejais

Topic Starter

Starter

Missing NTLDR File
    « on: December 27, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »
    Hi my name is Al.  Trying to help my nephew troubleshoot a error that involves a missing ntldr file.  I got the directions from internet.  But when we try to use DOS and type in the command, we need to go to the next line to type in another command.  We press the Enter key to go to the next line but the cursor does not move and we receive an error message.

To move to the next line to type a second and third command using DOS, don't we press the enter key?  Any idea as to why it is not moving to the next line?  Need help, thanks.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Missing NTLDR File
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
    Down Arrow ? ?

Tab ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

aldejais

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 07:36:47 PM »
      Down arrow and tab also does not work.  Is anyone familiar with typing more than one command on a line?  That way maybe I don't have to type the 3 separate lines.  Thanks.

RatPack

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:49:21 AM »
      You can download a startup disk containing NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM and BOOT.INI from here.  There are downloads for use with a floppy and cd.

If you boot from the extracted/burned disk the system with NTLDR missing will boot and allow you to sort out the problem.

Good luck