Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Myspace like? :S  (Read 2830 times)

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

Myspace like? :S
    « on: January 05, 2008, 01:13:16 AM »
    Umm. I've got a website that I am making for my class from Rapport Teen Leadership.  My website is at www.freewebs.com/t333. I hope this is just a draft for me untill I'll be ready to make a normal web with a good host name. :)
    Well what  I wanted to know is to make my friends from my class to edit their pages on their own, like at myspace or facebook etc. Well I have no idea how even though I have got all the stuff to build a website. (I've got an Adobe Master Collection CS3) Anyway if anyone knows on how to make that happen I will be really thankful :)

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Myspace like? :S
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »
    To do something like myspace, you would need to know a good deal about php and mysql databases. Lot's of programming. I don't think there's a way around it... and having the adobe master collection isn't going to help with php, I'm afraid.

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:32:41 AM »
      would u mind helping me then? I need to do this or my teammates are like no no no... we are not going to give u our info or whatever. :(

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
      Find yourself a book on php and mysql for beginners. That's probably going to be the easiest way to learn quickly. You could try learning online, but finding an online tutorial that is as quality and in depth as a book is somewhat difficult.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 01:52:41 AM »
      I suspect you need something a bit better than a Freewebs service.  You don't however need to learn any programming.  Get yourself a PHP/MySQL-enabled web account and then install Joomla.  There's a bit of a learning curve but not as much as learning a web programming language and database design.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos