Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Could not find installable ISAM"  (Read 6188 times)

floyd

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    "Could not find installable ISAM"
    « on: January 04, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
    All of a sudden I get this error message when trying to import a txt file into an existing Access table.  I've done it many times before.  I can also do it on another computer with the same files and version of MS Office Professional 2002 and it works.
    Also does anyone know how I can get a CD of SP-3 for Office as it will take me 12 hours to download it on my dialup and my ISP kicks me off before that.  It's over 55 meg.  This doesn't affect the above error as the other computer it works on isn't updated yet either.
    Would appreciate any help you can give.
    Floyd

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: "Could not find installable ISAM"
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 01:19:15 PM »
    Well, being that this is a Microsoft product, I would think that you could buy it from the Microsoft website.... However, you can probably buy it at your local computer store as well...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

floyd

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 01:24:52 PM »
      I can't find it anywhere there, only download option.  Being an update I doubt it would be for sale in a store.  I was able to get SP-2 for XP from the regular Windows update site, but couldn't find anything on the Office update page.
      Floyd

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 01:58:42 PM »
        floyd......Why dont you use a pc with a high speed connection and D/l  to a cd and burn it and you have what you want.

Office XP SP3 Info
        ... You can download the administrative version of SP3 for Office XP right here: Download
        Office XP SP3 (58.9mb). ... To install SP3 without the original Office XP CD. ...
        www.petri.co.il/office_xp_sp3_info.htm

Hope this helps you .

dl65  ::)
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

floyd

Topic Starter

Rookie
        • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
          « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 02:15:26 PM »
          Thanks, don't rub it in.  LOL Dial up is all I can get where I live and at 26.4 Kbps it takes forever.  I did find the Cd order page finally and ordered it but still have the error message.  I've Goggled my self to death trying to find a solution, but no luck.  MS has a page on their instructions didn't work.
          floyd