Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video editing help please  (Read 2506 times)

neljan

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Video editing help please
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »
Ok, so I ripped a DVD usind CladDVD as for some reason FreeDVDripper crashes right near the end (rather frustratingly I might add) & then I used VOBtoMPG converter, but the MPG failed to import into Windows Movie Maker due to an 'unexpected error'. So I used VirtualDubMod to convert the VOB to AVI (no compression) & then I imported the AVI into WMM which took like an hour as the file is like 354,385,835,830,580,538kb in size (slight exageration).

After all this, when I think I finally managed to import the movie, I play the AVI in WMM & it stutters & pauses & it's just not usuable.

So I'm thinking the AVI is too big for WMM to handle so I tried to re-convert the VOB to AVI using VirtualDubMod again but with various compression/codec settings - all of which fail to import in WMM (just get a box showing 'importing' but no progression).

I basically want to convert a VOB to an AVI format or any format which is not huge in kb (as it takes too long to import) is compatible with WMM & preferably the option to rescale the size of the video to a smaller 400x250 dimension.

This has seriously been testing my patience now for nearly 2 days & so any help will be greatfully recieved...

Thanks in advance

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Video editing help please
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 04:13:27 PM »
Is it a copyrighted dvd? If it is, you may not be able to solve the problem legally. ;)
If it's not, check out mediacoder.sourceforge.net. Media Coder is a pretty robust media converter, but it has a learning curve... It may be able to help.