Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem Running Setup  (Read 3388 times)

compguy4hire

Problem Running Setup
« on: January 05, 2005, 02:56:27 PM »
I put a disc with a program in the comp and the following message pops up
"C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."
I have the options of Close or Ignore. Both options do the same thing and wont let the setup run. I know this program works with other computers because I just moved it from another comp and am trying to put it on this one. Any suggestions? ???

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Problem Running Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 03:04:04 PM »
Alright.... I see.... I have a resolution! I recently fixed this problem myself.... Now I have a link for you, but before I give it to you... It will ask for a "disk" in teh instructions.... It means the Windows CD.... Let us know if you have any questions... Here is the link... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

[glb]Flame[/glb]

compguy4hire

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:18:32 PM »
Thanks for the help, but the web site says it only applies to XP. I have 2000...Should I still do the cmd thing on the website?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 05:23:11 PM »
Well..... I'm not sure that it would work, but give it a shot..... If I were you however, I would do the following FIRST..... Click Start -> Accessories -> system Tools -> System Restore. Set a system restore point, just incase something bad might happen... Not saying that anything will, but you should take every precaution... Tell me what happens...

[glb]Flame[/glb]