Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble Connecting With Belkin 54G Router  (Read 12470 times)

litespeed14

Beginner

Re: Trouble Connecting With Belkin 54G Router
    « Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 04:23:00 AM »
    I have the same router and have had that problem several times. Reset by unplugging the power for approx 10sec. (Im sure someone wrote that in comments above I didnt read them).

I use the dynamic IP and WPA/PSK w/NAT enabled. Also back up your router settings. Belkin routers have this nature in them to loose connections sometimes and it almost seems that the BIOS or ROM chip fails sometimes. Might also change the wireless channel. That did help on my signal strength and it doesnt seem to loose the connection as often.

InfadaStone

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Eden Lost
      « Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »
      Hello there, litespeed14.

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately...

I tried all you said and my status in the corner turned into "Not Connected" after I set it to a dynamic IP setting. So I restored and I'm back to scratch. It says I'm connected but I still can't open any pages.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
      “My son, you are right. It is better to die as free men, than to live as slaves at the mercy of the tyrant!”

InfadaStone

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Eden Lost
        « Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 08:21:01 AM »
        I'm sorry, can anyone help?
        “My son, you are right. It is better to die as free men, than to live as slaves at the mercy of the tyrant!”

mr_skipper24

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 12:19:41 PM »
          Who is you Internet Service Provider? what is the brand name of your modem?
          Have you tried turning OFF the modem and router wait like a minute then turn ON the modem 1st wait for 30sec before you power ON the router...
          What is the internet IP address on the router?

InfadaStone

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Eden Lost
            « Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »
            Yes, I have tried that - no results.

ISP - Local Providers
            Brand - Belkin 54g
            IP - 192.168.2.1