Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Startup Error  (Read 12324 times)

touchstone57

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Re: Startup Error
    « Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »
    I could not get the Windows Advanced Menu to shows up, pressing F8 only gives me the boot menu. But I think it is the blue screen of death, cant be sure what the message says. Tried recording it on my phone but quality is not good enough to read.

I did select the 'Last known good configuration' on the other menu but it gives me the same error.

By the way, I managed to procure a Windows XP CD today. But, when I put the CD into boot priority, I get a message saying "Press any Key to boot from CD" option, and I pressed ANY KEY! Any and every key a hundred times but the message just stays....

It's not my keyboard as that allows me to go into BIOS menu and move around, but I tried another keyboard anyway and still the same problem. I even tried on another computer but same problem there too...

Does anyone know what it could be? Something wrong with the CD maybe? Please help.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »
      I needed the message in order to help you fix it. Press pause before so you can try and get the message.  Hmmmm......  Its the cd that shouldn't happen.  Try it without the disc to make sure. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

touchstone57

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
        My friend lent me his Windows XP Pro CD. I reformatted and installed. I created an account in my name, but er I dont know the password to log in? I never set a password, it says 'The specified domain does not exist, please contact your administrator'. What do I do?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
          Okay good to hear that.  Try reformating it and see if it don't happen agian
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Shynnie

Intermediate

• "All I want is his whereabouts, then I'm rich"..!!
            « Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 03:10:38 AM »
            Click on Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard at the same time on the login screen. A different screen appers type in Administrator and hit ok without a password. I just hope you didnt set a password on the admin account.. From there you can change your login profile..(Control panel)
            =============================================================

"those who know how will always work 4 those who know why"

“the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence”

touchstone57

Topic Starter

Intermediate
              « Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
              I'm sure I had posted here and now it's gone?

Well I installed the Windows XP Pro again and this time was able to set up a password (as before I was away and it continued by itself).

Can you recommend some good file recovery programs? I want to restore some work from before the formatting...as well as some music. Though the freeware they say it is tends to have spyware/viruses in...and I feel as if the one I used before crash my computer, though I cant be sure.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »
                ITs up too you how you want to back up the files but I would put it on a eternal drive.

galmenda

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »
                  I've been having the same problem with my laptop.  I was able to get the BSOD to freeze and this is what it gave me under techinical information:

*** STOP: 0×00000024 (0×00190203,0×8658A468,0xC0000102,0 x00000000)

Hopefully somebody can tell me what to do next.

galmenda

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 06:39:57 PM »
                    I'm sorry, been a long day. Here's what it really gave me.

*** STOP: 0×00000024 (0×00190203,0×83BCB828,0xC0000102,0 x00000000)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 10:06:35 AM »
                      Sorry for not getting back right away but ummmm  I cant tell you right off what the BSOD is at this time but well get it sorted.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                        • BC-Programming.com
                      • Certifications: List
                      • Computer: Specs
                      • Experience: Beginner
                      « Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 10:52:36 AM »
                      I want to restore some work from before the formatting...as well as some music.

uh oh.... Undeleting deleted files is one thing, but recovering files from before a format would likely require you to employ a professional data recovery service...
                      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
                      • Maud' Dib
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:27 AM »
                      That error message points to either HDD troubles or a problem with the file system...
                      Run chkdsk /r
                      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 05:44:20 AM »
                        okay from what you said i got NTFS File System: caused by a problem reported by Ntfs.sys the driver responisble for reading an writing NTFS volumes.  Reasons a faulty IDE or SCSI Controller, improper SCSI termination, agressive virus scanner, or errors on the disk.  run checkdsk.  To idnvestigate open the event viewer (eventvwr.msc) an look for error messages with SCSI or FASTFAT realted in the system catergory.

Hope this helps.

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        « Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 06:27:41 AM »
                        I just noticed  this is a bump of an 8 month old thread...
                        galmenda start a new Topic and give us as much info on the machine as you can...
                        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 08:56:11 AM »
                           :o  well thats what the book said when I ran the error code against it.