Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error upon saving a file via Windows Update  (Read 3340 times)

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Error upon saving a file via Windows Update
    « on: January 12, 2005, 10:15:50 AM »
    Within 'Windows Update' there is a driver update which I want to install, because it could stop crashes and blue screens from my PC, which is always concerning the same reason. But during the installation, after a quarter of the process under "install status" (Download status is complete at 2.4MB) the following error occurs:

SAVE ERROR
    During save of the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\ReinstallBackups\PCI#VEN_ an error has occured
    The system cannot find the file.

So I do cancel and the error comes up: Error during copying. Should the installation continue without copying this file?
    Because it is an "Intel Corporation display software update" (graphic-card driver Dell Inc.-Video), I decided to cancel the installation not to get the driver any more in a mess and do the full installation properly.
    I have tried 'sfc /scannow', because I work with Win2000, but no success.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 05:12:55 PM by burton »

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      Re: Error upon saving a file via Windows Update
      « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:37:38 AM »
      Ok, it sounds like you have a bigger problem if you get crashes and blue screens. What kind of error messages do they display? How long have they been going on? Do you have a firewall and virus scanner? etc

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        Re: Error upon saving a file via Windows Update
        « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:41:15 AM »
        I mainly get the following error message:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC00..., 0xB7964.., ..., ...)
        KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
        *** Address B7964FC9 base at B7960000, DateStamp 00000000 - ialmdnt5.dll

Otherwise this has also occured (happened only once a couple of months ago):
        A Hardware driver has damaged the Memorypool.
        *** Address 80469A48 base at 80400000, Datestamp 40d1d183 - ntoskrnl.exe

This blue screen comes up 'out of the bush' and only happens now and again (there can be a full week or more inbetween before this happens). It can happen any time, when opening an IE window or opening a file. I have 1.046MB Ram, so memory is enough available. I dont have applications that take up a lot of memory.

I did a virus scan a couple of weeks ago just after this error came up, my system is clean and I use Zonealarm. "sfc /scannow" did not find nor amend anything.