Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 16 bit windows subsystem  (Read 3002 times)

Trudy Lack

16 bit windows subsystem
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:41:59 PM »
I followed the instructions on how to fix this error message:  16 bit windows subsystem
c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt   "the system file isnot suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.  It says to open window explorer, and locate config.nt files. I cannot locate them. Please somebody HELP ME fix this problem  I cannot install webcam or uninstall the previous installation before error occured

cs

Re: 16 bit windows subsystem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 02:27:14 AM »
Which OS are you using? Under W2k, you should find these files in C:\WINNT\system32, under WXP they should be in some subfolder of Documents and Settings\<username>. I can't check it right now, I do not have WXP available  :-/.

Cheers,
[glb]cs[/glb]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 02:28:08 AM by cs »

mtba85

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 07:22:53 PM »
it come out because your autoexec.nt at c:\windows\system32 is missing ......you can replace it from another friend or you can find it at c:\windows\repair ....you just copy it and paste it in c:\windows\system32 then the problem solve

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 08:14:19 PM »
Here.... use this link... I had this problem a few months ago... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305521   Just so you know... When this page says to nsert the "CD" they want the Windows CD. This SHOULD solve your problem.... Keep in touch...

[glb]Flame[/glb]