Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No response during certain tasks.  (Read 6822 times)

-Oscar-

No response during certain tasks.
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »
Hello.

During some tasks I do, Windows will cease to respond until the task is completed. Sometimes I have to reset my computer's power because the task is stuck. The Numlock LED still functions, I can move the mouse and I can access the task manager my hitting ctrl+alt+del. I'm not able to click anything however, so I can't take any advantages of the task manager, nor can I control it through my keyboard.

An example when this happened was when I was updating adaware. I could not tab out to any other programs during the update and I could not click anything before the update was complete - when it was back to normal. This is extremely frustrating since programs tend to get stuck sooner or later. It's as if there's some always on top setting on everything.

Sorry if this has been asked and solved previously. I could not find any decent search results. See my signature for computer specs. Thanks for any help!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: No response during certain tasks.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
Run diskclean...
Run Defrag...
Run all your protection programs...

See if this improves things.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "