Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why some email addressee's are refused delivery?  (Read 15894 times)

TheEmperor

Intermediate

Re: Why some email addressee's are refused delivery?
    « Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
    No no, Thunderbird is just a mail client. You enter your server information in it and it goes out and picks up the mail. Just like outlook express does. You don't require Firefox.
    The Emperor
    Ruling over Technology since 1998
    www.TechEmperor.com

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »
      By now you should know I'm a newbie but old enough to ask way to many questions before I just react.  I hope you don't mind.

I will read more about what TBird is.  It should be harmless to download and see what it does once I understand what it is.  I'll let you know, thanks, T.

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 04:23:11 AM »
        Well I sent mail using Tbird and my mail to the same addresses was returned. 

So if I understand more now... Using a new email client (TBird) eliminates my PC as the source is that right? 

Why does using my hotmail account not fail as well?

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 04:47:11 AM »
          Why does using my hotmail account not fail as well?
          Because Hotmail is an online service with its own mail servers. So any mail you send through Hotmail isn't handled by your ISP's spam filter.
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 05:06:35 AM »
            So?????

Is is Declude that screens and labels my mail after it leaves my ISP and then it is refused somewhere when it is routed or refused by the ISP of the person I'm trying to send mail to??????

In one case, it is a yahoo address that I can't get trhough too but the ISP is Comcast.... So I need to contact Comcast for the resolution????

Declude won't tell me why my mail fails their tests.  They just refer me to the definitions; saying nothing specific about my transmition that is catching Decludes attention.

They also just say that they are not responsible for 'bouncing' the mail.  They haven't been helpful at all.

????So???? The rest of the folks in my address book that I correspond with "Don't" have declude???  Maybe Baracuda?

Deerpark

Egghead
              « Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 05:26:49 AM »
              You only have this problem when sending mail from one specific email address right? And the problem persist regardless of what client you use to send mail?

So to me this suggest either your email provider is using a outbound spam filter from Declude or the email provider is doing something to your emails that makes them fail an inbound spam filter.

In the first post you showed a log from an email you had sent to comcast.net, hotmail.com and yahoo.com email addresses. Did none of the intended recipients receive the email or was  it only for some of them it bounced?

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                « Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
                Yes.  My mail is refused when I use my ISP domain 'mail.valp.net'.  It is refused when using MS Outlook Express, MS Office Outlook and now TBird but not when I use hotmail.

In that example (first post) I sent mail to 5 addresses. 

The return notice identifies (first line) which of the 5 intended addresses
                were refused.  The other 4 received delivery. 

Deerpark

Egghead
                  « Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 05:52:41 AM »
                  So delivery only failed for one of the Yahoo addresses?

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                    « Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 06:00:47 AM »
                    Yes in that example, One yahoo account was refused.

That is what is driving me so crazy. 

And as I made mention before I think, it will be aloud (in my estimate) say 1 to 5% of the attemtped tries.  In 100 emails I might successfully get thru 5 times and 95 are refused.

Deerpark

Egghead
                      « Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 06:04:27 AM »
                      And as I made mention before I think, it will be aloud (in my estimate) say 1 to 5% of the attemtped tries.  In 100 emails I might successfully get thru 5 times and 95 are refused.
                      Is this number for all the emails you send or just for emails to this one person?

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                        « Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 06:12:40 AM »
                        OK.  In the example post.  The mail recipient that was refused is my 'X'.

She uses yahoo as her client and she subscribes to Comcast I think as her ISP. 

Clarification: If my x was the lone addressee in 100 times in one week that I needed to correspond by email, I would expect to have at least 95 of my attempted sent mailings to be refused.

Deerpark

Egghead
                          « Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 07:12:24 AM »
                          It must be a filter at her end then. Either installed on her computer or at Yahoo.

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                            « Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32:47 AM »
                            OK!  I have some direction again to go in now.  Thanks.

I will task yahoo with some questions and return here to C/H with the next set of answers.

C/H has proven to 'this beginner', they have their act together time and time again.   

TheEmperor

Intermediate

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »
                              From what I can find Declude is what Yahoo uses for an incoming spam filter. So the issue looks to be on the receiving end. You could try to contact Yahoo customer service and see what it takes to make sure your email gets through.
                              The Emperor
                              Ruling over Technology since 1998
                              www.TechEmperor.com