Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word 2007 help  (Read 2486 times)

eddie460

Topic Starter

Rookie

MS Word 2007 help
    « on: February 13, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »
    I have a major problem.  I have written a 600 page cookbook and put it on CD, s for my friends and relatives.  I wrote it over several years using several MS Word editions.  When people access it from their PCs' , with different editions of MS Word many of the characters are corrupted.  Characters like ½ may appear as a 1 or 2 or 1a or even:.  Other fractions are also affected and others will appear as written.  I am now in the process of doing an almost complete rewrite and edit.  Currently I am using Office2007.
    Now for the question.  How do I, or even can I, prevent  this from happening to my new edited CD’s?
    Any hints or help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ed Palin ([email protected]

EMail addy removed to prevent SPAM
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 08:16:19 PM by patio »

billjenkins

Rookie

Re: MS Word 2007 help
      « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
      By default, the document is saved as Office2007 compliant format if you use Office2007. However, some of your friends and relatives may not use the same version as yours and that explains why some of the characters become corrupted.

All you need to do is to open your existing writeup and save it in this format, Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc). This option will allow your document to be compliant with any version that is lower than office2007.

Bill
      -----------
      http://www.TipsInfinity.com/technology/
      FREE Computer Tips To Better Your Life

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: MS Word 2007 help
      « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
      I am now in the process of doing an almost complete rewrite and edit.  Currently I am using Office2007.
      Did you use Word 2007 for the "600 page cookbook and put it on CD"?