Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: verifying dmi pool failure  (Read 7503 times)

wrwss

Intermediate
  • PITTSBURGH,PA.
    Re: verifying dmi pool failure
    « Reply #30 on: January 18, 2005, 10:33:37 AM »
    does verifying dmi pool data fail?if so go into your bios and disable the virus scan and reboot.you may have a virus preventing windows from startingif thats the case stopping the virus scan in the bios will start windows and you can fix once on windows.if dmi pool data passed and windows will not start then did you try to start in safe mode?or last known good config?what disc are you using xp home or xp pro?is it a complete install or upgrade?did you try to clear your cmos and try to reboot?how old is the computer,what cpu?may have to format and start over.
    WRWSS

tf195

Re: verifying dmi pool failure
    « Reply #31 on: January 20, 2005, 06:19:45 PM »
    does not say it has failed, just goes to the screen asking if i want to start in safe mode or last good config. i have disabled the virus scan and still does the same thing.  booting in safe mode and last known good config all have the same problem.
    cleared CMOS, still same problem.  it is XP pro.
    i also found that i have the xp pro boot disks, so i ran them but after all the disk had run it said that it could not find any hard drives.  I am going to run my hard drive as a slave in a different computer to see if i can save some files. then format the drive.