Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Local Area Connection  (Read 3468 times)

yeahitsyanny

Local Area Connection
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:25:24 AM »
Before I rebooted my computers my internet was working fine. After it was rebooted my computer didn't detect any network thing. and there's not local area connection.

what do i do?

TheEmperor

Intermediate

Re: Local Area Connection
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
    Right Click on My Computer, click Properties, go to Hardware, click the Device Manager button, find your network card, right click on it, click uninstall, reboot your PC.

Windows should reinstall the card drivers and your issue should be corrected.
    The Emperor
    Ruling over Technology since 1998
    www.TechEmperor.com

yeahitsyanny

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
    Well there wasn't any network adpater or whatever in the device manager. Even after I rebooted it twice.

TheEmperor

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:11:09 AM »
      OK, is your NIC built into the motherboard or is it a separate card? If it's builtin then you are out of luck and will need to buy a new one most likely. If it's a separate card you can try shutting your machine down, removing the card, booting your machine up. Shutting it down again and installing the card again.
      That might result in the system redetecting your card. If it doesn't then the card is almost certainly bad and you'll ned to buy a new one.
      The Emperor
      Ruling over Technology since 1998
      www.TechEmperor.com