Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My IE closes down when I try to access some sites.  (Read 2980 times)

Very Anoyed Person

My IE closes down when I try to access some sites.
« on: April 16, 2004, 11:08:21 PM »
    Ok, heres the deal.  When I click on some links or type a URL into the address bar, my IE explorer (all of them that I have on my desktop) closes down.  It does the same thing with my avant browser (pretty much the same thing as IE but way cooler)  This is driving me nuts and I have even tried to email Microsoft and it has been a month and they still havent replied.  I have already messed around in control panel and tried to get it to stop, I even restored my computer to a week before the problem began and it still doesnt work.  Most the pages it does this on are pages that require java, shockwave, wild tanget, quicktime or other systems like them.  Please help, thanks. :)

merlin

Very Anoyed Person

Re: My IE closes down when I try to access some si
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 06:18:35 PM »
Thank you Merlin but the website gives me only a vauge Idea on how to fix it.  I have tried setting my internet settings under control panel back to default.  Im going to look into the Active X.  This problem is not solved, if you know how to fix it please tell me.

merlin

Re: My IE closes down when I try to access some si
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 11:00:03 PM »
go to tools internet options security tab and set all the options ie internet local internet etc  to defaults most websites need cookies enabled for them to work and have you got a firewall that also may stop webpages loading?security settings to high?