Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BAD_POOL_CALLER???  (Read 8615 times)

ahol29

BAD_POOL_CALLER???
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »
OK, I need some help badly.  My computer just started acting up really bad.  After being on for a while, the screen will refresh and the name of my desktop icons disappear.  Then when I try to open something it says "Insufficeint System Resources ...."  then there is a file or folder after it.   I don't know what is wrong with it.
After it does this it will go to the Blue Screen of Death and say BAD_POOL_CALLER.

What do I do????????

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: BAD_POOL_CALLER???
    « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »
    ahol29....What o/S are you using ......Do you have any viruses or spyware infestations .......If you feel you dont ...then use your system restore and go back to before all this started .

let us know
    dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ahol29

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:13:35 AM »
    I am on Windows XP.  I cant do a system restore, because I can only go back to yesterday.  It is now shutting down with another serious error.  Then I installed my backup registry and now all my stuff is messed up.  I can't install or uninstall Norton.  

Should I erase the harddrive and just reinstall everything???
    Is there anything I can do to fix this without erasing everything???

Please HELP????????????

ahol29

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 02:21:00 AM »
    Oh and now when i tried to open Outlook express, AOL Instant Messenger pops up and Outlook express take forever to open.

I dont know what happened to my comp but I need some help.

O, and if I need to erase the harddrive or whatever, could I please get instructions on how to do this,  Im kinda new at this stuff.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 02:24:36 AM »
      ahol29......Well how about telling us exactly whats been going on with your pc....why can you only restore to yesterday ? Did you have system restore shut off if so why ........Why did you have to replace your registry......
      What do you mean you cant install Norton , then you say you cant remove Norton ....which is it.....Its either installed or it isn t ????????
      Sounds to me as if something happened a few days ago and your grasping at straws trying to rectify the situation and you've made it worse .......

Please explain exactly what happened so we can try to help you .

ahol29

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 01:23:11 PM »
      OK, I used Microsoft Antispy and it deleted some files and crap.  I think it deleted some that I needed or has done something else to the registry.  

I installed Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 the other day and it ran fine.  The next day I had a couple of programs running then they kinda froze when I tried to close them.  I know my system can handle the game.  Anyway after the programs did close, I couldn't read the names of the stuff on my desktop screen, just the icons.  Then when I tried to open anything an error came up.  It said "Insuffiecient System Resources......" and had the location after it.  Each program had a different location after it.  Then it would shut down the computer and say BAD_POOL_CALLER.

So then I decided to install an older registry.  Now my Norton antivirus is like on the computer but not.  I can't install it from the cd because it stops and says installation error.  The computer is still shutting down after awhile, this time saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I also thought that it was my new DVDRW that I installed but I dont think it is.  Plus I think all my drivers are updated.  

So there it is.  Any thoughts??

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »
        ahol29 ........
        "OK, I used Microsoft Antispy and it deleted some files and crap.  I think it deleted some that I needed or has done something else to the registry. "  
        It's odd that Antispy would have removed registry entries required to make your system work .....

That's why the Antispyware app suggested that you back up your registry in case you delete something you need .......

Uninstall    Rollercoaster Tycoon 3     ............

RE Norton ....... "Now my Norton antivirus is like on the computer but not.  I can't install it from the cd because it stops and says installation error."

When you removed Noton you didn't remove all referance to it ....... I think what you need is a " Norton remover " ........ D/L this ....C:\Documents and Settings\Don\Desktop\Tools\Norton remover\Norton_Remover.zip.html
        Run this app.. and then try installing Norton again .......

Let us know how you make out ...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:44:20 PM by dl65 »