Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: program display problem in start menu  (Read 2529 times)

coquelicot

Topic Starter

Rookie
    program display problem in start menu
    « on: March 01, 2008, 10:17:58 AM »
    Hello,

My system is Windows XP pro.
    When I click on the tab "programs" in the start menu,  the program list is not entirely displayed: rather, an arrow appears at the bottom of the list, and the whole program list appears only if I click on that arrow. My question is: how can I make windows display the whole program list immediately after I have clicked on the tab "programs" ?

Thx.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: program display problem in start menu
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
    I'm not sure, if this is what you want, but if you'd prefer multiple columns, instead of scrolling:
        * Select Settings in your Start Menu, and then select Taskbar & Start Menu.
        * Choose the Start Menu tab, choose Classic Start Menu, and click Customize.
        * Turn off the Scroll the Programs menu option, and click Ok when you're done.

coquelicot

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
      This is not what I wanted, but this help me to get it (in fact, it was sufficient to  disable "use personalized menu".
      Thank you very much.

I'm not sure, if this is what you want, but if you'd prefer multiple columns, instead of scrolling:
          * Select Settings in your Start Menu, and then select Taskbar & Start Menu.
          * Choose the Start Menu tab, choose Classic Start Menu, and click Customize.
          * Turn off the Scroll the Programs menu option, and click Ok when you're done.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 02:44:20 PM »
      You're very welcome :)