Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot boot from cd but everything works fine.  (Read 3361 times)

l337m4n

Topic Starter

Starter

Cannot boot from cd but everything works fine.
    « on: March 04, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »
    Hi, about a week ago my HD crashed and i sent it in for the warranty so it's still gone.But in the mean time i got another HD and decided to install windows today but the cd didn't want to boot.The cd works fine because it was used only a month ago on the other drive.The bios detects the cd rom and the new HD.
    When i insert the cd the bios posts the the white "_" with the black screen just blinks.When i mess with the bios sometimes i get no op sys found once i got the pxe-e61 error,i never got the hd failure or cd rom failure mostly just the blinking screen.I never got the press any key to continue either.
    My computer is an acer 5672. Thanks.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Cannot boot from cd but everything works fine.
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »
    What is the boot order set to?

l337m4n

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 09:50:20 PM »
      I've tried cd rom first,hd first, only cd rom etc but no errors or anything come up.I reformatted the hd and tried to boot but i don't even get no op sys found.

l337m4n

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »
        I think i have more problems the HD or cd rom.I got my moms hd thats works fine, put it in a external drive and it tried to load but went to the BSOD and crashed.I tried to start it again and it just sat there with the blinking screen.I think it could be the motherboard.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
        If your swapping hard drives from one machine to the next you are going to have issues.
        Anything after WinME is not designed to do this properly...this is intentional.

If you tried all 3 options in the boot order and it wouldn't boot to the CD there are 2 possibilities:

The CD drive has a problem...swap it into another machine to see if this is the issue.

The CD you are using is a copy of an OS CD or is not bootable.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

l337m4n

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
          But if i have a blank Hard drive shouldn't it say "operating system not found"?Anything i tried i couldn't get it past bios.This is probably just a shot mobo right?