Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compatibility  (Read 2537 times)

macrip3

Topic Starter

Rookie

• This is me
    Compatibility
    « on: March 17, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »
    I found this video card.  I pulled it out of a computer sitting beside the road.  It is an 128MB Geforce 5200LE DDR AGP Video Card.  It is compatible with my ECS L4VXA2 Motherboard.  I do not want to install it and it crashes the computer.

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Compatibility
      « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:13 PM »
      I honestly wouldn't want to stick something in my computer that I found sitting beside a road. For all you know the gfx card could be the reason the computer had ended up there in the first place.
      But if you really want to the card should be compatible, your board has a AGP 8x slot.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

homer

Expert
        « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
        if your motherboard has an AGP slot, then it is compatible. i do, however, suggest not installing it. who knows what could be wrong with it...

homer

Expert
          « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »
          I honestly wouldn't want to stick something in my computer that I found sitting beside a road. For all you know the gfx card could be the reason the computer had ended up there in the first place.
          But if you really want to the card should be compatible, your board has a AGP 8x slot.

beat me to it deerpark.

hejlik

Hopeful

• Have a GREAT day!!
            « Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »
            Did a couple quick searches and it looks like it will. Your Motherboard has a AGP slot. However you may want to think about putting it in your computer after it was bounced down the highway :-\

Remember, Google is your friend. :)
            Dan

No matter where you go    there you are.

ASUS P5B DELUXE, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800, GeForce 7900GS, SeaSonic EPS12V 500W Power Supply, Western Digital Caviar 160GB SATA Hard Drive

macrip3

Topic Starter

Rookie

• This is me
              « Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

How about if I have it tested professionally by someone? 

homer

Expert
                « Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »

How about if I have it tested professionally by someone? 

sure, go for it.

Betaa

Beginner
                  « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 06:29:30 AM »
                  i would say the video card itself being agp and that old is not even worth it just stick with your onboard...
                  Teh ßetazorz!!!!!1!!1!!!!1

elxr06

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
                  Well the geforce 5200LE card might be better if your onboard card has only 64mb of memory which then is shared from your ddr ram stick memory but the onboard vid card might be better that you have more support and updates since it's newer.

But if you want to do simple websurfing and whatnot, both cards are fine to hold you over until you decide whether or not a better card with some more memory is good for you.

My old p3 computer has now a geforce 5200fx with the 128mb of memory  and my dad is happy with it ... the computer does what he wants on it.