Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Pro Start Menu - too many columns - can't see everything!  (Read 2355 times)

frog

Topic Starter

Beginner
    XP Pro Start Menu - too many columns - can't see everything!
    « on: March 19, 2008, 03:55:19 AM »
    When I get my Start Button list of programs, I have 3 columns of program and I think there are more that are off the screen.  How do I see everything in the list, or shrink the columns to make room for more?

Frog

Enzan

Rookie

Re: XP Pro Start Menu - too many columns - can't see everything!
      « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:59:37 AM »
      You can right click the bar next to start (That blue bar I forgot it's name xD ) and click properties, go to start menu tab, choose start menu, then customize, make it small icons, hope this helps

Edit
      Nevermind this doesn't help with your problem :(

Dias de verano

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:50:57 AM »
      You can right click the bar next to start (That blue bar I forgot it's name xD )

The Taskbar

stepper459

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »
        Try grouping similar programs together - i.e. all video related, or all media related - just change the name of one folder and then drag all the other related ones into that. I can't stand a sprawling start menu, plus it takes longer to load - mine has MAYBE 8 items (folders) on it - with each one branching out quite a bit...

frog

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:48 AM »
          Hey thanks for all the input - I'm going to do the folders right now as that sure will make life easier. I guess this Newbie / Dummy never thought about doing that. D U H !  So my problem is solved.

Thanks again to all,
          Frog