Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless connectivity problem using 2 sony vaio laptops  (Read 4468 times)

shmuph

wireless connectivity problem using 2 sony vaio laptops
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »
hello!
i have a wireless network at home set up, that was previously working using a dell laptop running xp and a sony vaio using vista... we recently upgraded the dell xp to another sony vaio and are having problems with the wireless connection. the spec are as follows...

one  (the new one) is a sony vaio vgn-nr11z/s, with a t7250 dual core 2GHz, 2GB Ram, with 802.11a/b/g wlan built in, the second computer is similar, a sony vaio vgn-c2s 1.66GHz dual core with 1GB ram and the same wireless card.  i hope this is enough specs please let me know if its not....i try but im not as good as id like to be!

we have a simple speedtouch wireless router box and all the computers have been connected to it, the problem seems to be that when the newer computer is connected to the network the second vaio can not find any wireless networks. occasionally when the new vaio is turned off the second will connect to a network but this is only occasionally and does not stay connected while the newer model is turned on.

i have tried various settings in the networking and sharing centre and both have the correct passcode (WEP?) entered and the same settings are being used on both computers, i.e. network discovery is on, private home network is default, it just seems that the second computer is being overridden by the new one. this is really becoming a nusiance and i would greatly appreciate any tips or ideas as to why its not working! i have used the vista help but it seems to simply suggest that we are not close enough to the router when we are right next to it!

sorry for the marathon of a first post, i hope someone out there can spare the time to sift through and spare their ideas!!!! (also if there is any further information i can include to help the problem be solved let me know!)

thank you in advance

lostone