Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with locating a SATA/RAID driver for a chinese TCL K40 Notebook.  (Read 4514 times)

urangeloflove

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hello one and all. I'm a new-bie to this forum. I'd like a suggestion on what to do in this case. A laptop computer, precisely a TCL K40 chinese-manufactured computer has its hard-drive hidden away from windows installation at boot-phase. Where can I locate the SATA/RAID drivers for such a system, or are they any other options. The best answer to this question, sincerely earns my respect as the very second best computer geek in the world; after me. Chou...
    Digitiz Me!!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    I normally reserve this advice as there are some dangerous tools involved...
    However i'm assuming you have a decent knowledge of systems and can stay out of trouble if need be,
    DLoad the UBCD from Here...
    Use it to create a bootable CD.
    Then travel to the system info section and run AIDA16 and the 2 other utilities to determine what MBoard and chipset are in that beast.
    Travel to the appropiate manuf. site for the drivers and you should be good to go.

DISCLAIMER: If you manage to run the wrong utility and wipe out your HDD; wipe your CMOS data or anything else foolish that can be done with this collection of tools i am not responsible in any way, shape or form.

patio.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

urangeloflove

Topic Starter

Rookie

Thanks man. I think I'll try your suggestions. Man, this has really been like *censored* for me. Uh, can I ask a question? Can we become friends? I very much enjoy making geeky friends, you know, computer-freaky friends, coz I believe like-minds do wonders. Thanks once more and hope to hear from you soon. Bye.
      Digitiz Me!!!