Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VERY STRANGE PLEASE READ!!!  (Read 3380 times)

marek76

Topic Starter

Starter

VERY STRANGE PLEASE READ!!!
    « on: March 28, 2008, 02:12:38 PM »
     ??? ??? when ever i turn on my computer i am required to install my audio driver, like when i go to device manager it says its still installed but audio will not play and my volume control will not open, becuase it says theirs no mixer installed. but i have noticed that when the driver isnt working i can still hear the clicking when browsing through my documts and what not. i am runnin xp home.
    i recently had a major virus infustation and i think this could be causing the problem even tho norton says i have no more viruses .

any any ideaS?

thanks
    marek

urangeloflove

Rookie

Re: VERY STRANGE PLEASE READ!!!
      « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
      No panic my friend! Just repair yours windows installation using a bootable service pack disk/CD. This should cure it, before we think of reformating the hard-drive. Just sometimes, anti-viruses may not be exactly perfect; just like we humans. Also, let me ask you if you do have the right audio driver for your PC. Visit the website of your PC manufacturer to ensure you have the right driver for audio. If you can't find the audio driver for your system, I'll recommend you to install Windows Vista on your system.
      Digitiz Me!!!

marek76

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: VERY STRANGE PLEASE READ!!!
        « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »
        haha i built my comp my self so i dont have any off that OEM crap lol but i just got my hands on vistaa so i made a multi boot system xp and vista :D

thanks anyways