Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Another case of "No Audio Device Detected"  (Read 5730 times)

AJzkitten69

Topic Starter

Another case of "No Audio Device Detected"
    « on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:52 PM »
    Okay, so I just got really fed up with Windows Vista and how it was killing my computer, so I downgraded to Windows XP and lost everything...including my sound.  I've already tried Windows Update, and it says I'm up-to-date on everything.  I've tried going to my computer's website to download the drivers for my specific computer, but they all want me to be running Vista in order for me to use them.  I'm not sure I can find a sound device using Everest, but I do have a "PCI Device" with a yellow question mark next to it in the Device Manager...but it won't update or reinstall the driver when I try.

I can't seem to find anything that screams "this is the type of sound card you have" to me, and yes, sound has worked on this computer in the past.

I'm running an HP m8100n Media Center PC, on Windows XP with the latest service pack.

And I would really appreciate your help.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Another case of "No Audio Device Detected"
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »
    It's possible that there is no driver available for your device in XP, the driver may only be available for Vista.  Here is MajorGeeks on the subject (See Halo's response).

You might be able to use a pci card which has an XP driver, they're not very expensive or you may be able to borrow one for a trial.

Good luck
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.