Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop not charging  (Read 2802 times)

storybox

Topic Starter

Laptop not charging
    « on: April 03, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »
    I have a Compaq Presario c500, and just a few days ago I had it plugged in then when I moved the cord a little bit the laptop shut off. Now it will only turn on when it's not plugged in, only with the battery in... then when I plug in the ac adapter it won't charge the battery. When I turn it on with just the battery in it will work just fine, but obviously not for long since I need to charge the battery. I just got a new ac adapter in the mail from HP today, so I know it's not that.
    Also, I know it's not my battery because I checked the status of it and it was 'good'.

When the battery is out and the ac adapter is plugged in the power light flashes for a few seconds then it turns off.

I'm planning on taking it in to a technician, but I thought i'd ask here first. Can anyone help?

clark_styx

Starter

Re: Laptop not charging
      « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:16:13 PM »
      try calling hp,maybe your mobo needs to be replaced..

storybox

Topic Starter

Re: Laptop not charging
        « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:40:40 PM »
        try calling hp,maybe your mobo needs to be replaced..

I have talked to HP and they're not sure what it is, they wanted me to send it in to them for repair.