Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless network makes my computer crash in games  (Read 2811 times)

Daniel_Hansen

Wireless network makes my computer crash in games
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:29:24 AM »
Hello Computer Hope community.

I have had the problem for some time now, searched for anyone with the same problem, but no luck yet.

That's why I decided to post here, because I'm in desperate need of help.

My exact problem is, that when I play a game like World of Warcraft or Medeal of Honor Airborne I get a graphical error, which doesn't occur when I use a cable to get the internet.

The whole screen turns into flickering colours, and The sound locks up 5-10sec after the screen too. Then I'm forced to reboot or shut down the computer, so you can say the computer freezes. If it doesn't make that graphical bug, the computer just freezes. I can't play more than 20 min., normally 2 min before one the the two thing happen.

The computer doesn't lock up when I'm just surfing on the internet, I only get crashes when I play a game. One thing I've noticed is that widows doesn't want to repair my wireless connection anymore, it just says that my usb adapter may not be correctly installed. This happens with both two different adapters.
I've tried REALLY many things to fix this issue.This is what I already have tried  to solve the issue:

Running many different virus and spyware programs to detect virus's etc.
Used cpustress,memtest,atitool,western digital harddisk check, defrag, speedfan 
Cleaned my computer, and made sure that all hardware cable was connected to the hardware.
Updated all the drivers I could.
Reinstalled the game.

Nothing of this helped.

I've sent a mail to Airlive support, and this was the answer I got:

Dear Sir

How are you

Maybe there is too many wireless router are share same channel in your area.

Please try change your wireless channel to other wireless channel, this might solve your problem.

Best regards,

John Lai

So now what should I do? I'm getting really frustrated with this problem, also because as far as I've found, I'm the only one with this specific problem.

This is dxdiag:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3107623/e339812c/DxDiag.html

And this is msinfo:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3107634/644625ce/msinfo.html
I'm sorry it is in Danish, but I really don't know how to change it to English.

Best regards,

Daniel