Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Semi frozen Windows  (Read 3912 times)

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Semi frozen Windows
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:53:30 AM »
I installed a few things the other day and now about a minute after logging into windows everything freezes. However if I start IE before that hapens I can go onto websites but they are a little buggy. I can clt+alt+del and log off then log back in and the same thing will happen but any and all windows open will have closed (to be expected from a log off). I can put it into sleep mode and when I come back all of my windows will be open but a minute later...

I've uninstalled all of the programs in safe mode (oh ya, it does not happen in safe mode) but I think something was installed without my knowledge. I ran a virus scan but nothing was found. I think it has to do with a program that I found was running in the task manager. rlvknlg.exe. When that shows up in the task manager a little simble like a pail yellow-green globe shows up in the lower right of the screen and that is when everything starts or stops I should say.

Does anyone know what this program is and if it is what is causing my problem how to get rid of it? Thanks for any help.
Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

Two-eyes

Intermediate
    Re: Semi frozen Windows
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:44 AM »
    please go to this thread, follow all the steps, and post the logs for steps 3, 4 and 6.  An expert will ask you for them, so it's better to have them ready.  Have patience, and help will come soon enough.

Hope everything goes well,

Two-Eyes %

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
    I believe the bushes in my yard will BURN before God picks up a PC to send a message

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
    To get the logs that you said I would need ready I would have to download, install, and run the programs but I can't do that. I may be able to download them but to install and run them would require me to put my pc into sleep mode and come back into windows many times. I will do it two or three time but unless thous programs can install and run in less then 1 min. I will be revving my system and I will not do that. Sleep is the only way that I can get my pc to unfreeze but after a min. it will freeze again.

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »
    When trying to delete the suspected folder it said it was in use by another program. I went into safe mode and deleted it. It seems to have fixed the problem so what should I do now? Should I still post the logs? I think it was freezing because it was not made to work with win7.