Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboards for AMD Phenom Black editions  (Read 2216 times)

answerman1944

Topic Starter

Motherboards for AMD Phenom Black editions
    « on: April 13, 2008, 09:31:57 AM »
    I have just spent four days researching CPUs/Processors trying to decide which one I should use for a new build. I picked AMDs Phenom Black edition.  Now I need to pick a motherboard. I'm not a gamer but I do some video editing, video watching (two monitors), listen to music, and all the normal stuff. I am so sick and tired of slow and sticky multitasking. I want a system that can play a video on one monitor, record TV, download stuff. and do my email; all at the same time without balking.  I have AGP video cards, but I cant find an AGP board that supports phenoms. I also want to overclock this black edition. Does any one know of a web site that can help me?  Do you know what board I might try. If AGP is out of the question with a phenom; so be it. I still want a phenom, OC, two monitors, PCI slot for TV card. Help.
    =bob=

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Motherboards for AMD Phenom Black editions
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »
    The 4 tasks you want to run at the same time are pretty intense even for that CPU but i like Tom's Hardware for MBoard reviews...

The graphics card itself would have to be bulletproof to play a video and record a TV show at the same time.
    Have you considered 2 machines ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

answerman1944

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
      Thanks for the Input patio. I plan on using two distinct cards for video one to view and one to record (either a tv card or an all-in-wonder card). I'm now using onboard video and an agp all-in-wonder card for two monitors.

homer

Expert
        « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »
        just out of curiosity, why did you choose the Phenom? personally, i would go with an OC'ed Q6600. however, if you have already purchased it we will have to make do.

if you wish to really overclock your CPU, you will have to purchase some sort of aftermarket cooler. i recommend the thermalright ultra 120 extreme CPU heatsink with a scythe slip stream kaze jyuni 120mm fan.

i will get back to your other questions later, im kind of out of time right now.