Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Auction photo help-please do!  (Read 1713 times)

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Auction photo help-please do!
    « on: April 22, 2008, 04:17:52 AM »
    Some of you might be able to help me with auction photo issues especially if you take these already. I am wanting to start selling on Ebay, & I have a difficult time understanding some photo technical issues concerning files, and some others. I have gone through the Ebay site, and I am still having a hard time understanding how to tackle these problems. #1) If I only given the KB of a file and need to size this into the "width and height", how can this be done.(make this easy to understand, if possible) #2) When I get a message that says that the photo file is too large, how to I go about making it smaller. I use an image editor;however,the editor almost always wants the width and height. I play around with making it smaller;however, it still comes out looking either too small, or not big enough. #3) I have a problem with resolution if the photo has to be enlarged too much, and if I take it too close, it comes out blurry. I bought a small tripod, so that should help to keep the photo from getting a fuzzy, blur like picture from movement :'(. Make this as easy to understand, as though you were talking to a small kid.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Auction photo help-please do!
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:00:48 PM »
    Assuming you are still running XP go here and download ImageResizer.exe.  Once installed all you have to do is Right click on an image then L.click on Resize to see the various options for resizing the original and saving the resized image. 

Note that provided you choose Save As in the File dropdown menu your original image will not be reduced, if you choose Save then the original will be overwritten with the new resized image.

Good luck
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.