Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Whats that in the sky Bat PC  (Read 32696 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Whats that in the sky Bat PC
    « Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 04:32:09 AM »
    Could have explained the failure to the HD after too long.  But I got it as a second rate.  It still works, anyway to get the drive fixed, hate to format it.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Dias de verano

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 04:37:28 AM »
    HDD failure is not always caused by motherboard. HDD could be bad. Could be onboard controller, could be HDD itself. Try different HDD.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 05:10:33 AM »
      Tried but I couldnt get 2k installed to try an scan that drive,  I dont have any papers to it so I dont know cause I had orginaly moved it out of its case an back in so I dont think that the I/O header is right.  Since it gave me some error in 2k about it.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 05:03:57 AM »
        I tired looking for a manual but was fruitless in my effert.  Googled it.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »
        It's not starting with the BSOD "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" or something similiar is it? because w2k has that problem with
        certain boards. try temporarily installing 98 or something to see if the problems go away. 
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »
          I'll try ME I dont think I have a copy of 98 around.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »
          ME should work, I'm pretty sure it's the same core. So was it saying "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"? And did it ever work with W2k? or was that what you wanted to install? Either way, it sounds like an older machine, a Pentium 2 equivalent maybe? just guessing from the chipset V282C686B. (686) Hey, that machine is sounding a lot like the one I was given a while back and fixed up... had *sigh* a cyrix processor. That made me sad. Turned out some goof tried to install XP n the poor thing. 200Mhz and XP aren't a good idea anyway, especially with 64MB of RAM. Anyway, when I installed 2000 and tried to apply a Service pack I got the boot device error.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 12:30:42 PM »
            Nah cheif thad aint it.  If you were reading the post.  AMD Duron Socket A 462 1300 MHZ, Two SDR RAM  128 mb, The thing is that once 2k is loaded the thing will freeze up an saing that it needs rebooted an it constantly happens at random times.   I dont think that the I/O header is right.  Since it gave me some error in 2k about it.  Still need a manual

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            « Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »
            wow. I wasn't even close at all.

I mean, *cough* you passed my test, or something...

when it says it needs to be rebooted is it a BSOD? How does it tell you it needs to be rebooted?

llmeyer1000

Intermediate

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »
              I need to be able to use it to a point it has test software that I want to use on another pc.

If the main thing you are after is the software, why don't you try connecting the hard drive to a PC that has a working OP system and try booting up. Then you will know whether you have HD problems or not. (I didn't see anywhere that you've tried this already.)

You can then copy the software to the other PC's HD. That will get you the software, but you may still have a problem if there were dll files or registry entries that you may not get.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 03:48:21 AM »
                Tried that, dont know whats all on the drive ether.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 05:05:52 AM »
                  I'm getting this stop code 0X000000D1, I'm firgureing that get what I want off the drive an format it.  OR whatever else.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 05:22:35 AM »
                    I was working with the network settings an know I cant get past the 2k login screen.  Since I dont know the user name, there is no passwords.

Dias de verano

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 05:25:17 AM »
                    I was working with the network settings an know I cant get past the 2k login screen.  Since I dont know the user name, there is no passwords.

Maybe look here?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916595/en-us

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »
                      I still need a manual if someone can find one.  Im going to connect it as an external since I know whats on the drive know an it will get me past the log screen.  Probably install ME since its really slow.