Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Voice Commands Help  (Read 3145 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Voice Commands Help
    « on: May 02, 2008, 05:16:02 AM »
    I had installed a copy of this program Voice Activated Commands for xp for my pc. I was told that you can tell it to do other things besides have it type words into word.  How do I set this up in it?  Is there a file that I would need if I wanted to tranfer it to another pc?
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Voice Commands Help
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:57:08 AM »
    Exactly what program did you install?  Is it this: http://www.dwvac.com/ ?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:07:38 AM »
      Thats it.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:48:12 AM »
      I had installed a copy of this program Voice Activated Commands for xp for my pc. I was told that you can tell it to do other things besides have it type words into word. 

"... other things", such as games?  I see that website says, "VAC was created from the start so anyone could build their own profile for any software that uses keyboard commands."  But, honestly, I've never used any voice commands software.  Let's see whether someone else has some insight into this.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 06:53:46 AM »
        I seeing that too but wondered if you couldnt just speak normally an it comes up like in word

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »
          Any Thoughts

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 05:21:13 AM »
            Any ideas as how to do this ???

Dias de verano

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 05:49:54 AM »
            Read the tips on the website. There are plenty of hints on how to assign voice commands to  various key press combinations.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »
              I didn't want to key assign it thought, any way to do it with out doing this?

Dias de verano

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 07:19:23 AM »
              How did you want to do it then?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 07:18:10 PM »
                just like regulary speaking to it like in word.

Dias de verano

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 01:35:54 AM »
                What like "Hey! Computer! Print out that letter I wrote to Uncle Joe!"? or "Find me sum h0t chix"?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 03:15:43 AM »
                  sort of but i did really mean like that, but yeah more or less.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 03:51:19 AM »
                    Should have thought of youtube, thanks man