Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: -SetFilter0error:OSVersion not set?  (Read 3689 times)

harley58

Topic Starter

Starter

-SetFilter0error:OSVersion not set?
    « on: May 04, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
    I installed a program with no problems (worked for a week or so) then started crashing constantly with message saying "a program caused the Studio Program to stop working windows will close and notify you of a solution".  I uninstalled the program and re-installed.  On re-installation, I recieved the Subject message but had the option to keep installing which I did.  Now I get constant DEP message's and the program freezes before it will actually start.  Any advice as too what this is all about and how to fix it?   Thanks

Dias de verano

Re: -SetFilter0error:OSVersion not set?
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:05:05 AM »
    Is this meant to be a guessing game? Perhaps you might do us the favour of telling us what the program is called, and what version? Also what version of Windows & what service pack level? Or do you think our time is not as precious as yours?

harley58

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:09:12 AM »
      Thanks for taking the time to reply,  I had a reply earlier from someone who understood it was Studio program (thats the name)  anyway their post  was most helpful and problem solved.

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:14:18 AM »
      Just "Studio"? Not Pinnacle Studio?

harley58

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:20:29 AM »
        Studio makes Studio5 Studio6 Studio 7 ect,   I had version 9.  Problem solved, only 10 and 11 are compatible with Vista.  I have taken note of you very friendly post, and will give more info if I have a problem so I do not waste anyones time.  Thanks again for your reply.  New to Computer Hope forum.    P.S  yes Pinnacle makes this program

Dias de verano

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 03:24:55 AM »

harley58

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:34:25 AM »
          I wouldnt know where to find alot of that info needed.  Guess I will not be asking for help again here *smiles*,  thanks for  your reply