Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I'm really stuck on my project of burning an ISO to DVD-R disc.Could use help.  (Read 4311 times)

briguy8

Topic Starter

Starter

First of all , I couldn't wait to burn my custom gh3 disc . Got finished making the ISO , had ImageBurn ready to go ,put my DVD-R ( the required disc type)in the drive ( ATAPI DVD+RW 4X4X12  Device Type : DVD/CD-ROM Drives , Manufacturer : (Standard CD-ROM Drives) , Drive Provider : Miicrosoft , Date : 7/1/2001 , Version:5.1.2535.0, Digital Signer:Microsoft Windows Publisher) ,went to burn it and it said cannot read medium  :'(. So next I found out using DVDInfoPro that this DVD drive can READ DVD-R but not Write on it . So what to do next is my quandry . Is there anyway possible to change  something so it will burn onto DVD-R or do  I have to purchase and install another DVD driver with the right burn capabilities ? If i do have to purchase another then which one should i get and where can i get it cheap . Sorry if this is a very long complicated question , Please help with this problem though . Much appreciated.

hmar

Beginner

It would probably be cheaper to pick up some dvd + r

Dias de verano

What brand & model is your DVD drive? Not the "driver" (which is a piece of software) but the drive which is the actual disk drive with a tray which goes in and out. Is it actually a writer?

What software are you using to burn? Nero? Roxio?

What brand are the disks you are using?

briguy8

Topic Starter

Starter

I actually meant Drive when I typed DRIVER .Sorry  ::).I' m using Sony Dvd-r . I've tried Alcohol 120% , ImageBurn , MagicIso . It doesnt seem to matter what I do . My Dvd drive will not recognize the medium ( dvd-r) . I'm now just convinced that i have to get another dvd burning drive . Am I correct ? What would somebody recommend me to buy ? suggestions please .

Dias de verano

Some NEC and Sony drives cannot burn DVD-R. The price of a 50 pack of disks and of a new dvd burner is about the same.

briguy8

Topic Starter

Starter

Well , seeing as that it is entirely required that I use Dvd-r to burn a custom guitar hero 3 disc ( correct me if i'm wrong) ,I do have to buy a new dvd burner to install to my computer . Thanx for your help so far. Any idea what type will work with my computer and for what i am doing?

Dias de verano

We don't know what kind of computer you have, laptop or desktop. If the latter, then just about any IDE dvd burner that supports dvd-r will be OK. If the former, then expect to pay more.