Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing Windows - Accidently turned off power  (Read 2236 times)

ragesteel

Topic Starter

Installing Windows - Accidently turned off power
    « on: May 15, 2008, 10:25:09 PM »
    I was 20% into the windows xp isntallation (just got a new computer) and I accidently hit the power cord

now when i restart it says "error loading operating system"

PLEASE how do I get this to work - there has to be some way to erase what was installed on the hard drive and start over

PLEASE help!

Thank you so much

ragesteel

Topic Starter

Re: Installing Windows - Accidently turned off power
      « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
      also - is there a way i can force it to load from teh cd rom so i can restart the installation/partition?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:58:58 PM »
      It doesn't boot from CD?
      Did you check BIOS boot order?

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:24:35 AM »
      Most new computers come with the operating system already installed. If you are a tech savvy buyer then you can get one with a "clean" hard drive and install the O.S. of your choice. Do you know how to boot to a CD? If you don't, it's no big deal, just post back and tell us what you need help with.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:52:42 AM »
        Go into your BIOS an check the boot settings, Usually I have mine setup to go to the floppy,CD an then HD.  You can use the windows disc to format the drive then reinstall it but you cant continue from that point.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres