Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing over Computer monitors....is it straight forward with drivers?  (Read 2337 times)

Roxsoff

My Cousins very old 15 inch chunky monitor is slow to work when turning on....

So i have been given a free "working" 15 inch monitor -

The question is, is it straight forward to plug in/install a new monitor on a pc? Whether it be xp or vista? (I have found the drivers for this monitor on the HP website)

If it is straight forward, do you have any links to run through the set up of changing computer screens over?

Are monitors plug and play?

Many thanks in advance
Joanne

roccenstein

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    I've always just plugged in monitors and they've worked fine.  I don't think I've ever had to install drivers, so you shouldn't have a problem.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    most monitors are just plug 'n play. Pay attention to how you unplug the old monitor, and plug in the new monitor the same way. :)

squall_01

Prodigy

I never known that monitors needed drrivers, I thought as long as the video card works that you can use LCD or CRT unless its a real old pc.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres