Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 98 download  (Read 4944 times)

asookraj

Topic Starter

Starter

windows 98 download
    « on: May 19, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
    hey i am trying to fix and older computer so my four yr old can play some educational games and such but as of right now it has windows xp and runs really bad. it originally had win98. how do i put 98 back on it. i need to make a cd with 98 on it and install it but i dont know how and where to get it. please help. thanks.
    also how to i amke it work faster create more space or whatever. it is an ibm aptiva 2153-e2u.

Dias de verano

Re: windows 98 download
    « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »
    You have to buy a legal Windows 98 licenced install disk. Around $50 to $100.

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
      « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:04:39 PM »
      i think the only place you may be able to get windows 98 is from Microsoft, if they evenn have them anymore. they have cut all support for windows 9x operating systems. they are not avaliable in any shops anymore though

cryhelp

Hopeful
      • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
        « Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:54:10 PM »
        i think the only place you may be able to get windows 98 is from Microsoft, if they evenn have them anymore. they have cut all support for windows 9x operating systems. they are not avaliable in any shops anymore though

Saw some in comp usa today.  Alot of local computer stores have them and as Dias de verano stated around $50.oo
        "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

Dias de verano

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:17:55 AM »
        Amazon has them