Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer help plz  (Read 3647 times)

charlieee

Topic Starter

Starter

computer help plz
    « on: October 09, 2008, 02:29:31 AM »
    hey all. well the story is that atm im building a comp and when i turn it on nothing comes up on the moniter and the led lights that are on the computer case next to the pics of the lightbulb and i think some battery goes red it then turns off and then theirs is 2 short beeps along with a red flash from the led. know i have gathered that 2 short beeps mean that something is not connected right. but what?

also my powerswitch wire is coloured one red and one black...which is + and - ???

thank you for your time

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: computer help plz
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 02:52:00 AM »
    Welcome to ComputerHope.

Any chance you can re-write your post with the use of punctuation?

Also, any error messages on the screen?

charlieee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:58:47 AM »
      the story is that at the moment im building a computer, now when i turn the computer on nothing comes up on the moniter (computer screen) and the LED lights turns red (the ones that  are on the computer case at the front next to the pics/image of the lightbulb and i think a battery) the LED then turns off and then after a while theirs is 2 short beeps along with a red flash from the LED. know i have gathered that 2 short beeps mean that something is not connected right. but what?

also my power switch wire is coloured one red and one black...which is + and - ?

nah man theirs no message or anything that comes up on my screen

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 03:13:39 AM »
      I don't think it's a problem with something disconnected.

Try removing the CMOS Battery for about 10 minutes and then putting it back in.

Also, why do you need to know what the wires are for the power switch?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think the wires in the computer have a positive and negative wire because they use a DC current instead of an AC current.

charlieee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 03:18:14 AM »
        k will try.

on the motherboard under the f_panel their are pin in which all these led wires ect goes into and their is negative and positive. trust me even in the user manel for the motherboard their is positive and negative.

jamesj2001

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 06:38:50 AM »
          Positive and negative definately matter for the leds, but it doesn't make a difference for the actual power switch.  With the leds there is a small current traveling but with the power switch you're just jumping the two pins.  You could touch them with a screwdriver and it will turn on.